MONTHLY SWEEPSTAKES TERMS - Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO, AS OF THE TIME OF ENTRY, ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence if higher than 18). VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND ALL JURISDICTIONS OTHER THAN THOSE STATED ABOVE AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Sponsor Lilac St., 2333 Market St., San Francisco, CA 94114.
1. Eligibility: The Monthly Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are (i) eighteen (18) years of age or older (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence if higher than 18) at the time of entry, and (ii) residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Void in Puerto Rico and all jurisdictions other than those stated above and where prohibited or restricted by law. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize: directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents of Lilac St. (“Sponsor”), and its parents, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies, marketing agencies, and any other parties involved in the administration of the sweepstakes (Sponsor, collectively with the foregoing, the “Sweepstakes Parties”) and each of the immediate family members of such excluded individuals (i.e., spouses, parents, children, siblings and the “steps” of each) and all persons living in the same household of each. By participating in this sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to the sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Entry Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about the 1st of each month and ending the last day of each month. All online entries must be received by 11:59PM PST on the last day of the month Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY AND NO ENTRY FEE, PAYMENT OR PROOF OF PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. You may use the following method to enter the sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this Lilac St. site. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Lilac St. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Lilac St. You can obtain a maximum of one (1) entry for this Sweepstakes. Multiple entries received from any person in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are void. Compliance with the entry requirements will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Submissions that violate, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, these entry requirements will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Entrant must be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address set forth on the entry used to enter the Sweepstakes. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event of a discrepancy between the identity of the authorized account holder, the “winner,” and the entrant, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether the entry is valid or to declare the entry invalid and select a substitute winner from a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries/disqualify the winner].
4. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
5. Winner Selection and Notification: On or around the last day of the month, 1 winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Lilac St., shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. If the winner does not respond to Sponsor’s first attempted notification within twenty-four (24) hours, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that winner and select an alternate winner from a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries.
6. Prizes and Prize Claims: Winners will receive a $100 Lilac St. gift card. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Lilac St. to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes, including but not limited to the quality, mechanical conditions, or fitness for a particular purpose. Entrants agree to look solely to the manufacturer for any such warranty, representation, or guarantee. As a condition of receiving the prize, each winner must provide Sponsor with a valid mailing address. Sponsor will pay for the cost of mailing the prize to each winner. The method of shipping and the carrier will be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any prizes that are lost, stolen, undeliverable, or returned. Each winner’s right to receive the prize is subject to verification of eligibility, including verification of age and residency. The right to receive a prize cannot be transferred, assigned or redeemed for cash. The prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other prize substitution is permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The prize is subject to availability and if the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater retail value. Each winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, local, or other applicable taxes associated with the acceptance and use of the prize. Prize winners agree to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or any other information Sponsor may require in connection with applicable tax reporting or withholding requirements or other laws or regulations. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the winner. If a winner (i) is determined to be ineligible or otherwise disqualified by Sponsor, [(ii) fails to respond to Sponsor’s first winner notification message within 72 hours of notification or after two (2) attempts (whichever occurs first),] or (iii) fails to provide a valid mailing address, the winner will be disqualified, and forfeit all interest in any prize [and, if time permits, Sponsor will randomly select a substitute winner from the remaining eligible entries]. [Sponsor reserves the right to not issue a prize if no winner is selected for such prize or if the winner of a prize is disqualified.] [Publicity Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, each winner hereby grants Sponsor and its licensees a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and sub-licensable right and license to use, distribute, and publicly display the winner’s name, hometown, and likeness in any way, at any time, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation, without any additional approval or consideration.]
7. Limitations of Liability of Sweepstakes Parties: The Sweepstakes Parties assume no liability and are not responsible for, and by entering the Sweepstakes or claiming or accepting any prize, you hereby waive and release the Sweepstakes Parties from, any actions, claims, damages, losses or injuries of any kind (collectively “Claims”) arising in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation, Claims relating to: (i) the malfunction of any computer, telephone, network, satellite, hardware, software or communications line; (ii) unauthorized human intervention; (iii) incorrect, delayed or inaccurate transmission, winner notifications, prize claims or other information or communications relating to the Sweepstakes, or the failure to capture or transmit any such information; (iv) damage to any person’s computer or mobile device; or (v) any errors in these Official Rules, winner notifications or other announcements or communications relating to the Sweepstakes. In the event of any ambiguity or error(s) in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to clarify or modify these Official Rules however it deems appropriate to correct any such ambiguity or error(s). If due to an error or for any other reason, more legitimate prize claims are received than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only a maximum of 1 user 1 prize [from a random drawing of all eligible entries]. In no event will more than the 1 stated number of prizes (i.e., 1 prizes) be awarded in a month’s period. LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND PURSUE ALL OTHER REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or any Sweepstakes Parties.
8. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights: If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to a force majeure event or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, government orders, natural disasters, the effects of COVID-19 or any pandemic or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Sweepstakes. [In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from a random drawing of all non-suspect, eligible entries submitted as of the time of cancellation.]/[In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to retain any remaining prizes that have not been won by eligible entrants.]
9. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, the rights and obligations of entrants and winners, and the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and the forum and venue for any dispute relating to this Sweepstakes shall be in San Francisco County, California. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
10. No Waiver/Severability/Right to Modify or Discontinue Sweepstakes: Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time.